BAR TOOL #1
For each edition of BAR TOOL, five fellows are selected by the annual mentors through an open call for applications. Candidates are considered on merit, as well as the overall response of their applications within the mission and context of BAR TOOL. The admissions committee shortlists an initial group of candidates for interviews, which may be contacted for a Skype interview on short notice.
BAR TOOL #1 is open to participants from various fields of knowledge – art and non-art related practices, willing to deepening in knowledge and practice through visual arts. For those with no previous experience into arts, a draft for a project to be developed during the year, included in the motivation letter, would serve as a sample on how their approach to it could be pertinent enough.
Successful applicants must:
– Have completed an undergraduate degree or have equivalent experience.
– Be available to commit full-time to BAR TOOL’s assigned schedule for the year, which means moving to Barcelona. Other engagements must be kept at an absolute minimum and should not interfere with the participant’s commitment to the program.
– BAR TOOL is open to Spanish and international applicants.
– Due to the international scope of BAR TOOL program, the working language is English.
TUITION & FINANCIAL AID
BAR TOOL scholar tuition is 500€, to be paid upon arrival, which includes:
– Mentoring and tutoring by local, national and international guests, together with the follow up of BAR project team.
– Three intensive working weeks of workshops, lectures and presentations on subjects driven by relevant guest tutors.
Moreover, every fellow admitted to the program is granted a scholarship that give the access to:
– Working space at Fundació Antoni Tàpies and/or Fabra i Coats – Creation Factory IF NECESSARY and subject to conditions of regular use.
– Technical equipment supported by Hangar.
– Participation in different public presentations.
– Production and presentation of a final project.
Fellows are expected to cover travel, living, health insurance or visa costs and any other expenses non stated above, and are encouraged to secure sources of funding to support the latest.
ONE GRANT covering tuition for a BARCELONA BASED APPLICANT will be kindly supported by FABRA i COATS – Creation Factory.
WHO CAN APPLY
BAR TOOL #1 is addressed to a maximum of 5 local, national and international participants from various fields of knowledge – art and non-art related practices. Over nine months a hosting environment is encouraged, in which the flow of knowledge will happen through conversation and action, within generational and epistemological convergence. The program focus on providing a context for an intensive professional exchange through practical discussions and theoretical workshops with local and international mentors and a tailor-made list of guests, visits and encounters according with participants interests.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must me submitted in the same email, to the two following emails addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. It is mandatory to present the required documentation hereunder in single A4 format PDF file (max. 5 MB):
– a curriculum vitae and a short bio
– a portfolio containing up to 5 examples of projects and/or research work
– a motivation letter (up to 800 words) explaining your interest in the program and including a draft for a project proposal
The deadline for submissions is midnight (GTM+1), Sunday, the 2nd of July, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered. BAR project will confirm receipt of all applications; if you have not received confirmation within a week, please notify BAR project. The list of participants will be made public mid July 2017.
For questions or assistance, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BAR TOOL #0
WHO CAN APPLY
The course fee for the year 2016-2017 is 500 euro. Participants are responsible for their travel, accommodation, living expenses. No health insurance cost or visa expenses will be provided by the organisation.
HOW TO APPLY